Unless you have received a special instruction from your doctor and your breathing condition is stable,
please STOP the following medications prior to testing. They can be resumed after testing.
Stop 4 Hours Before:
Ventolin (Salbutamol, Apo-Salvent, Novo-Salbutamol), Atrovent, Combivent, Bricanyl
Stop 12 Hours Before:
Advair, Symbicort, Zenhale, Breo, Trelegy, Spiriva, Seebri, Tudorza, Onbrez, Incruse, Wixela, Atectura, Enerzair
Stop 48 Hours Before:
These puffers DO NOT need to be stopped:
Aermony, Alvesco, Arnuity, Asmanex, Flovent, Pulmicort, QVAR
- Stop inhaled medications prior to testing as outlined above.
- Do not smoke for at least FOUR hours before the test.
- If you are unable to follow verbal instructions in English, please come with your own translator.
- You may wish to bring water to drink if you are prone to coughing or dry mouth.
- Please try your best to ARRIVE ON TIME for your appointment. Finding parking may take longer than expected. Your test may be delayed or re-scheduled for late arrivals.
- Please call our office to postpone the test if you have the flu, a fever, severe headache or diarrhea.
- We do charge $150.00 to patients who do not attend their confirmed appointment. Cancellations made 24 hours or less before a scheduled appointment will also be subject to a charge of $150.00. If you are unable to keep this appointment please call the office at (905) 569-7600.